Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chinese Children Song "泥娃娃" (Ni Wa Wa, Mud Doll)

October 20, 2009

** Tips: The reds are linked to related pages. Click on them to visit. They should open in new windows. The greens are pinyin. Green with a hand is also a link. **

Today I'm going to share a famous kid song "Ni Wa Wa" (Mud Doll).
You'll use words for body and family which I posted some in "Big Elephant", "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" and "2 Tigers".






Lyrics in pinyin, translations and simplified characters:

"Ní Wá Wa" (Mud Doll)

Ní wáwa, (Mud doll,)
泥娃娃
Ní wáwa, (Mud doll,)
泥娃娃
Yīgè ní wáwa, (A mud doll,)
一个泥娃娃
Yě yǒu nà méimáo, (Has the eyebrows too,)
也有那眉毛
Yě yǒu nà yǎnjīng, (Has the eyes too,)
也有那眼睛
Yǎnjīng búhuì zhǎ. (Eyes will not blink.)
眼睛不会眨

Ní wáwa, (Mud doll,)
泥娃娃
Ní wáwa, (Mud doll,)
泥娃娃
Yīgè ní wáwa, (A mud doll,)
一个泥娃娃
Yě yǒu nà bízi, (Has the nose too,)
也有那鼻子
Yě yǒu nà zuǐbā, (Has the mouth too,)
也有那嘴巴
Zuǐbā bù shuōhuà. (Mouth does not speak.)
嘴巴不说话

Tā shì ge jiǎ wáwa, (She is a fake doll,)
她是个假娃娃
Bú shì ge zhēn wáwa, (Not a real baby,)
不是个真娃娃
Tā méiyǒu qīnàide māma, (She does not have dear mother,)
她没有亲爱的妈妈
Yě méiyǒu bàba. (Also has no father.)
也没有爸爸

Ní wáwa, (Mud doll,)
泥娃娃
Ní wáwa, (Mud doll,)
泥娃娃
Yīgè ní wáwa, (A mud doll,)
一个泥娃娃
Wǒ zuò tā māma, (I'll be her mother,)
我做她妈妈
Wǒ zuò tā bàba, (I'll be her father,)
也做她爸爸
Yǒngyuǎn ài zhe tā. (Always love her.)
永远爱着她

Repeat all.

Audio Version: CLICK HERE

Word by word audio, explanation and traditional characters:
Copy any sentence in Chinese above and paste in the box below then hit "Search". The traditional characters are at the right side where it says "Traditional variant". If you see a blank that means the character's traditional version is the same as simplified version.





By the way, if you are interested in learning writing Chinese characters, here's a super cool site:
ArchChinese.com
They have traditional and simplified version, stroke order animation & dictionary including pronunciation and explanation, flashcards, worksheets, tools and Chinese radicals.


Questions? Please comment, I'd love to hear from you. Click HERE.








11 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this lovely song. It bring me back to my old memories. Have a lovely day,

CheaHSan said...

Hi Jeannie, You can also embed the 'MDBG Chinese Dictionary' at your sidebar as it stay there all the time. :)

Jeannie said...

Thanks for commenting, James and Cheah.
I tried to put the dictionary in my sidebar but my sidebar is too narrow and I don't like how it appeared. I'll try again see if there's other solution.

CheaHSan said...

I suspected this what you can do change the dimension with the example extracted from the 'MDBG' link below. When you copy paste the "html" link make the changes according to your space on a trial & error. Mine is w=200 & h=125. If this is still too big lower 'em slightly.
Good luck
[up_target=_top&synd=open&w=200&h=125&title=MDBG+Chinese+Dictionary&amp]

CheaHSan said...

Jeannie you can adjust the size of the MDBG in the html link after you have copy paste to your side bar. Change the (w) & (h). Mine is w=200; h=150 do it on trial and error until the size fits your sidebar. Good luck

Jeannie said...

Thanks for your detail help, Cheah. I appreciate it!! I think it appears ok this time.

Aries said...

Do you think you could translate Jay Chao's song for me? The title is 'ting ma ma de hua' - listen to your mum. I want to know the meaning and the pinyu if possible. Thanks, if ready just give me a note on my shout box. Thanks

Gin said...

Aries, I would love to. I only need you to click on the yellow button on top right of my blog to subscribe as my free member.

That song is quite difficult for Chinese people let alone non-Chinese speakers. But it's very interesting. I'll post it this weekend.

Sweetromance2 said...

Teriffic song. I found it very easy to pick up the sounds. I will want to come back and practice.

Jeannie said...

Sweetromance2,

I'm glad that you found the song easy to pick up. Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

泥娃娃 Ní Wá Wa Mud Doll La Muñeca Muda
泥 Ní 娃wá 娃wa Mud doll Muñeca Muda
泥 Ní 娃wá 娃wa Mud doll Muñeca Muda
一Yī个gè 泥ní 娃wá 娃wa A mud doll Una Muñeca Muda
也Yě 有yǒu 那nà 眉méi毛máo Has the eyebrows too Tienes Cejas
Yě 有yǒu那nà眼yǎn睛jīng Has the eyes too Tienes Ojos
眼Yǎ睛jīng 不bú会huì 眨zhǎ. Eyes will not blink Ojos que no parpadean

泥 Ní 娃wá 娃wa Mud doll Muñeca Muda
泥 Ní 娃wá 娃wa Mud doll Muñeca Muda
一Yī个gè 泥ní 娃wá 娃wa A mud doll Una Muñeca Muda
也Yě 有yǒu 那nà 鼻bí 子zi Has the nose too También tiene nariz
也Yě 有yǒu 那 nà 嘴zuǐ 巴bā Has the mouth too También tiene boca
嘴Zuǐ巴bā 不bù 说shuō话huà Mouth does not speak Una boca que no habla

Tā shì ge jiǎ wá wa She is a fake doll Ella es una muñeca falsa
她 是 个 假 娃 娃
Bú shì ge zhēn wá wa Not a real baby No es una niña real
不 是 个 真 娃 娃
Tā méi yǒu qīn ài de mā ma She does not have dear mother
她 没 有 亲 爱 的 妈 妈 Ella no una querida madre
Yě méi yǒu bà ba. Also has no father Tampoco tiene padre
也 没 有 爸 爸

泥 Ní 娃wá 娃wa Mud doll Muñeca Muda
泥 Ní 娃wá 娃wa Mud doll Muñeca Muda
一Yī个gè 泥ní 娃wá 娃wa A mud doll Una Muñeca Muda
我Wǒ 做zuò 她tā 妈mā 妈ma I'll be her mother Yo seré tu madre
也Wǒ 做zuò 她tā 爸bà 爸ba I'll be her father Yo seré tu padre
永Yǒng 远yuǎn 爱ài 着zhe 她tā Always love her Siempre te amare