Monday, September 14, 2009

Chinese Love Song "九百九十九朵玫瑰" (Jiu Bai Jiushi Jiu Duo Meigui, 999 Roses) By Samuel Tai


September 14, 2009
** Tips: The reds are linked to related pages. Click on them to visit. **

So how was your Chinese Valentine's Day? Did you give your love a little surprise? Did you learn the love song in my last post?

Here's another love song to share with you: "
Jiu Bai Jiushi Jiu Duo Meigui" (999 Roses) by Samuel Tai.
I happened to find out someone is looking for the pinyin lyrics of this song and I love this song.

It's a sad love song but the music and the melody are so beautiful that I could sing it all day.

There's a large heart bouquet made by 999 roses at the end of the video. Don't miss it. Enjoy~~~



Lyrics in pinyin and translation:
"Jiu Bai Jiushi Jiu Duo Meigui" ( Nine Hundred Ninety-Nine Roses )

1.
Wangshi ru feng, ( The past is like the wind, )
Chi xin zhishi nandong, ( Infatuation is only hard to understand, )
Jie jiu xiang song, ( Using wine to escape, )
Song bu zou shenying mengmeng, ( But I can't escape the mist by my side, )
Zhuguang touying, ( The candlelight throws shadows, )
Ying bu chu ni yan rong, ( But it can't show your face, )
Reng zhi jian ni duzi zhaopian zhong. ( Still, I only see you alone in that photo. )

2.
Ye feng yi leng, ( The night wind is already cold, )
Huixiang qian chen ru meng, ( Memories of the past seem like dreams, )
Xin si bingdong, ( My heart seems frozen, )
Zen kan xiangshi bu xiangfeng, ( How can I endure knowing you but not meeting you? )
Nan she xintong, ( I can't bear heartache, )
Nan she qing yi ru feng, ( I can't bear that love is already like the wind, )
Nan she ni zai wo xinzhong de fangzong. ( I can't bear that I've let you have your way with my heart.)

3.
Wo zaoyi wei ni zhong xia, ( Long ago, I planted for you, )
Jiu bai jiushi jiu duo meigui, ( Nine hundred ninety-nine roses, )
Cong fenshou de na yitian, ( From the day we broke up, )
Jiu bai jiushi jiu duo meigui, ( Nine hundred ninety-nine roses, )
Hua dao diaoxie ren yi qiaocui, ( When the flowers withered, I'm haggard, )
Qian meng wan shi yi sui hua shi yanmie. ( Millions of oaths are already extinguished with the flowers. )

** Repeat 2. 3. 3. 1.



Ok, I've post numbers from 1 to 20 in HERE. So you know how to say 1 to 20 in Chinese. Now let's learn from 21 to 999. You only need to know how to say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, zero and hundred then you'll be able to use them for 1 to 999. Here are some examples for 21 to 99:Now you have all the pinyin for 1-10 in the image above. Here are some examples for 100 to 999: Easy? Feel free to ask me questions if you have any. 
 
Please leave comments below and follow my Facebook Page HERE.

See you next time!





9 comments:

Cinnamon said...

You are a romantic person, to be singing a love tune all day.
The song is very tender and sweet.

Dale said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely song "999 Roses" MeiChun. From a learning perspective I enjoyed the slow pace and soft music because I can clearly hear the pronunciation and understand the meaning when reading the pinyin you included. Thank goodness for the pinyin :) On a more personal note, I feel Samuel Tai expresses with passionate sincerity what many of us have felt and gone through at some time in our lives. Sort of takes me back in time. On a brighter note he shows us that true love still does and can exist.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing with us such a old goodies song that remind us of the sweet good old times.

Jeannie said...

Thanks to you all for your nice and sweet comment.

@Cinnamon: Yep, I'm romantic and I love to sing...lol

@Dale: Aw...yea, every time when I listen to this song, I have to put my hand on my heart and feel what the lyric is saying. And I know there are some guys out there that still love his love even though his love has left.

@James: Yep, it does remind me every time when I hear it.

Sweetromance said...

Very lovely song. The bouquet at the end is awesome

Jeannie said...

Thanks for your comment, Sweetromance. Have a great day~~~

zhongguo999 said...

Dear moderator, I've put 999 roses with lyrics on youtube but there was an error in the lyrics. Therefore I've re-uploaded this great song with the correct lyrics...

You can delete this comment after you've read it, its just to let you know why the song was removed and re-uploaded again.

All the best, great website btw!

Bye

Gin said...

Thanks for letting me know and your comment about my blog.

zhongguo999 said...

You're welcome! ^.^